Welcome, and thank you for visiting our website!
I've decided to run for Cincinnati City Council because I believe we need to be more focused on jobs and growth. Cincinnati has momentum, and downtown is exciting again, but we continue to lose people, and too many Cincinnatians are still out of work.
Population growth and new jobs are not inevitable, and they will both require new and meaningful public-private partnerships to get big things done. It will also take:
- Serious leadership, and the ability to build broad coalitions of people to get things done. This type of leadership is at the heart of growth in other cities.
- A renewed commitment to neighborhood growth. We can begin to focus more on our neighborhoods without undermining the progress we've made downtown, but it will take a smarter and more intentional approach.
- Prioritizing local jobs and businesses so that economic development and some of our biggest projects include as many of our own citizens and small businesses as possible. This will have an enormous impact on neighborhood revitalization. It will also help to grow our middle class, and reduce poverty and crime.
- Getting better organized to retain and attract jobs by bringing together key public and private sector leaders to ensure that we are using all of our community's available resources to keep and grow local companies while attracting new ones, especially those doing business with our current employers.
- Pushing for a smarter, more efficient city government through performance audits of every function of city government, new transparency, including a public dashboard on spending and performance, investigating "CityStat", an effort to track and measure results of city services, and instituting a "pay as we go" mentality on council that requires new spending be paid for through either identified savings or by leveraging existing private sector resources.
The focus of our campaign, and my service on council, will be entirely on growth and jobs. With your help and support, we can get Cincinnati growing again.
If you have thoughts or ideas, or would like to support our efforts click here.